Foreign companies relocate to the UK to benefit from a common language, for ease of trading within the UK and across Europe, and a strong, growing economy. The UK Government offers competitive tax rates, and on-going support to foreign companies.
Many UK-based and foreign-owned companies relocate to Devon, Somerset, Plymouth and Torbay to operate within prosperous industry clusters, including major Primes such as AgustaWestland, Alcoa Howmet, Babcock, EDF, Thales and many more. Thousands of successful small and medium sized businesses make up strong supply chains.
Companies, colleges and universities work in partnership to create world-leading, innovative industry solutions and ideas, putting the Heart of the South West firmly on the R&D map. A highly-skilled, yet affordable workforce enjoy beautiful coasts and countryside, exciting cities, excellent healthcare and education services, all leading to unbeatable quality of life.
Each area link offers direct contact with Local Inward Investment teams, access to up-to-date property registers, expert local knowledge and contacts, assistance with planning and finance, and vital quality of life information.
The Heart of the South West:
• Established advanced engineering, manufacturing and technology industry clusters.
• A highly skilled, affordable labour supply.
• Innovative R&D in collaboration with world-leading universities.
• Variety of high quality development sites.
• Excellent transport links to London, the Midlands and internationally by road, rail, air and sea.
• Public and private sectors working in partnership with business to create an environment for growth.
• Unbeatable quality of life for education, health, housing, culture, food and leisure time.
• Access to unique Soft Landing business support, grants and incentives.